Do you ever think that if you make just a few simple changes in your daily routine, you may just be happier? Transforming your health and happiness seems like a huge undertaking, but in reality, a few small changes may be all you need. From focusing on time to reflect to making a conscious effort to incorporate some daily exercise, following a few simple tips just may bring a sense of inner calm. Check out my tips for making sure I am my best and happiest self, every day.
7 Steps to Being Your Best Self
- Meditation. This comes in many forms – from a few moments of self-reflection to more extensive focus, the time and quiet is essential for finding inner calm.
- Get out and move. Going for a run, hitting the gym or even trying out a new exercise class – getting the heart pumping always makes me feel energized.
- Eat a healthy breakfast, packed with protein. Starting out the day with a healthy meal is an absolute must.
- Water. Water. Water. It’s easy to get busy and forget to hydrate, making this a priority is non-negotiable.
- Take a midday break. Getting outside, walking around and having a little sun on your face will renew and rejuvenate your spirit.
- Skip the afternoon caffeine and opt for an herbal tea or an energizing green juice instead. The natural high is incredible!
- Turn off all devices, like smartphone, iPad etc. before I get in bed. Letting technology go for a full eight hours is a must.