Being a working mom is arguably one of the hardest jobs in the world – as women we are expected to do, well, everything! and it can be difficult to juggle it all. We never really take off our mom hats. If you’re like me and need some inspiration for working moms to help you deal with the challenge of work/life balance, these quotes can help. You’re not alone!
5 Celebrity Quotes for Working Moms
- “I think it’s a false trade-off to say quality time vs. quantity – you have to have both. So if you have long work hours like I did, how do you get rid of things in your life you don’t need in order to put that extra time into your children? You need much more sensitivity in the workplace to the challenges young women go through in trying to do two very difficult jobs well.” Hillary Clinton
- “I was surrounded by plenty of working moms, including my grandmother, a pediatrician, and my mother, a writer and producer…I just thought, Well, that’s what moms do. They work and raise their kids. I was brought up to believe I could do anything I wanted professionally and, of course, be a mother at the same time. But I’m finding out that it’s complicated. It requires a lot of thought and planning and I haven’t figured it out yet.” Maggie Gyllenhaal
- “I think [balancing work and family] is something that most women in this country can relate to. It’s tough. It’s a tough balance, trying to be the best mom. And obviously my family is my priority. And then also, I love what I do, and I love that I get to have a job that I enjoy so much and gives me the freedom to spend a lot of time with my daughter, frankly, and travel and everything else. But it is hard not to spend every second with her.” Jessica Alba
- “I wasn’t going to give up who I was before I had the baby. It’s important to stay true to that as an example — also for my son to find out what his goals are, what he’s passionate about doing, so it’s sort of leading by example in that sense. It’s a tough thing. I had a moment leaving him today to get ready for tonight of missing him, but every working mom goes through it. They know what it feels like.” Christina Aguilera
- “Being a working mother can be fraught with tension at certain times. I definitely relate to the frantic fear that you’re screwing up — of doing the wrong thing despite the best of intentions. I get up very early and get a lot of things done before my kids get up. And I compartmentalize and medicate myself on a daily basis. Not really! I don’t medicate. But I do get up early.” Julia Louis-Dreyfus
Have any other inspiring quotes for moms who work you’d like to share? Please do so in the comments! xo