Accessories are a must-have for any outfit, any look. No outfit is complete until you’ve added the right accessories. And that includes a great handbag. Be it a clutch, a tote, or a satchel, the right arm candy can pull a whole look together in just the right way for each season and occasion. Just like clothes, new trends for bags come out every season and if you’re like me – a devoted handbag enthusiast! – you know you just have to have one of the best bags of the season. Last spring, the bucket bag was everything. Now that the style reports are out, I’ve got a whole new set of must-haves to add to your spring list. Check them out below and let me know what you think!
The 5 Hottest Handbag Trends of Spring 2015
1. ROUND BAGS – This season, rounds bags are going to be everywhere. I think they’re going to look great paired with bohemian/festival-type attire. Round bags are great for adding lots of character and personality to any outfit. The best kinds to go for are either the handheld ones or the sling ones. If you’re not into statement purses, you can also opt for round clutches instead.
2. CROSSBODY BAGS – Still hot this season are crossbody bags and I think they are well on their way to becoming an official spring staple. Crossbody bags are great because they free up your hands, making them really easy and convenient to carry. Just make sure not to carry one that’s too heavy, though, because the weight would only be laid on one shoulder, which can easily cause pain and discomfort. Keep it light!
3. CLUTCHES WITH HANDLES – I personally never really loved clutches, even the ones that go with formal dresses, because they’re not exactly very easy and convenient to take everywhere. You have to be mindful of them all the time and they tend to slip really easily, too. This spring, though, clutches are getting a makeover and they’re getting handles so they’re going to be really easy to carry.
4. TOTE BAGS – Tote bags are making a comeback this spring and they’re going to be more fab than ever before. Shocking bright colors, metallic hues and graphic prints are going to make these classics a definite must-have for any lady who loves good looking bags. Tote bags are also perfect for ladies who are always on the go because they’re roomy enough to fit all of the day’s essentials and then some.
5. DUFFEL BAGS – Duffel bags are not just for the gym anymore. This spring, duffel bags are going to get dressed up and they’re going to be one of the most coveted bags of the season. Take advantage of the roomy carryall and stash all your daily needs in style.
Got any favorite styles for this season? Which is your favorite handbag trend?