In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our very special guest is Shelley Zalis. In this episode, we’re discussing Establishing new equality rules in the workplace so that they become “Fortune 500 rules”. Shelley Zalis is the CEO of The Female Quotient, she is an internationally renowned thought leader, movement maker, and champion of equality. She is a pioneer for online research, becoming the first female chief executive ranked in the research industry’s top 25. Today, as CEO of The Female Quotient, Shelley works with Fortune 500 companies and impacts organizations to advance equality in the workplace. Through its signature pop-up experience, the Equality Lounge®, along with the Global Exchange and advisory services, The Female Quotient has created an international community of women rising to catalyze change. A firm believer in giving back with generosity, Zalis is a proud mentor to women around the world.
Shelley authors a Forbes column that provides virtual mentorship for women in middle management. She is co-founder of #SeeHer, a movement led by the Association of National Advertisers to increase the accurate portrayal of women and girls in advertising and media. She is on the board of directors for MAKERS.
In this episode, we discussed creating workplace equity in Fortune 500 companies to improve the workplace for women. We also discussed the recipe needed to create lasting change in the workplace. Here are some alarming stats from The Female Quotient:
- Only one in fiveC-suite leaders is a woman.
- Fewer than one in 30C-suite leaders is a woman of colour.
- The initial promotion to manager is one of the biggest obstacles women face on their career ladder.
- Women, particularly those with low incomes, drop out of the workforce at a rate 3x higher than men due to caregiving responsibilities.
Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, with special guest, Shelley Zalis.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
What You’ll Learn in This Episode: Establishing new equality rules in the workplace so that they become Fortune 500 rules
- Shelley’s amazing journey, and leaving her practice to start The Female Quotient.
- Learn why creating lasting change around workplace equality is taking so long and what we need to do. Listen to Shelley’s “Steamship theory” of change and how it impacts Fortune 500 companies.
- How to create lasting change even in Fortune 500 companies, where it’s harder and more static workplace culture.
- Why organizations and leaders need to prioritize skills like empathy and resilience as priority skills in the workplace.
- Shelley’s thoughts on thriving through a global pandemic– and why caregiving needs to be prioritized for women.
- Learn some tips and strategies to cope with a toxic workplace.
Listen to the Full Episode: Establishing new equality rules in the workplace so that they become Fortune 500 rules
Featured on the Show:
- Check out The Female Quotient’s website: https://www.thefemalequotient.com
- You can follow Shelley on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
- Order Keisha Blair’s new book, Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, also mentioned as a resource in this episode.
- Visit keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order the award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow Keisha Blair on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!