There’s no doubt that stress can play a major role in our overall quality of life. Finding ways to help alleviate and potentially turn stress into positive energy is essential for leading a joyful life. When you’re consistently worried about things: money, work, relationships, and school – the worry turns to stress and it can easily become chronic. Too much stress can lead to other health-related issues like high blood pressure, depression and even anxiety, so nipping this issue at the start is essential. Rather than alleviating stress through prescription medications, using natural remedies has proven very effective for many people. Whether that means making exercise a part of your daily routine or utilizing essential oils, here’s a look at some excellent natural remedies to alleviate stress.
6 Natural Remedies to Alleviate Stress
1. Meditation – This is probably the most simple and easy solution for stress – it’s cost-free and you can meditate at a moment’s notice. Simply stop what you’re working on, close your eyes and focus on the sound of your own breath. That small amount of silent time can help you realign your day and find a few minutes of peace in an otherwise hectic schedule.
2. Lavender on your pillow or Eucalyptus on your pulse points – For many people, aromatherapy works wonders – and, it’s pretty simple. Using your favorite essential oil, the smells can actually help your body feel a sense of relaxation. Especially if your stress has you tossing and turning when you should be falling asleep, try a bit of eucalyptus on your wrists or lavender on your pillow.
3. Exercise – Getting outside and getting the blood flowing is one of the best ways to leave your worries by the wayside and let your body and mind be free. You can be alone with yourself or in a fun group – focused on nothing but the task at hand. Try running or even just a brisk walk for about 30 minutes a day to help keep stress levels manageable.
4. Massage – As wonderful as this sounds, it really can provide an incredible form of stress relief. Massage has been used for hundreds of years – and it’s a proven form of relaxation. Spending even just 30 minutes completely relaxed and having tense muscles relieved will help stress actually melt away.
5. Passionflower – Sounds lovely already, right? Passionflower has been used for years as a natural solution for helping with relaxation. You can find it as a tincture or even in the form of tea. *
6. Take a bath or hot shower – Sounds so simple, but it works. Having a few minutes to yourself to simply lay in the bath or stand in a warm shower at the end of a long day is the ultimate form of relaxation. It gives you the chance to just be by yourself for a moment, letting it all go.
Have you been feeling super stressed lately? What helps you keep stress levels under control?
*Always consult your doctor before adding any supplement to your diet.