These spicy moist patties are a wonderful addition to a vegetarian meal. The cool carrot raita will make you want more. Enjoy with a crisp green salad for a tasty meal or make small patties and serve them up as an appetizer.
- 1 small Rutabaga about 1 1/2 lb, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp Ginger fresh, minced
- 1 small Thai Chili Pepper sliced
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint chopped
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 6 tbsp Canola Oil
- Carrot Raita
- 1 large Carrot grated
- 1 cup Plain 3% M.F yogurt
- 1 tbsp Each Chopped Fresh Mint and Cilantro
- 1 cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt and Pepper, each
- In a large pot of boiling water cook rutabaga and garlic for about 20 minutes or until tender. Drain well and scrape into food processor; pulse until coarse; scraping down sides. Return to pot and pulse chickpeas in food processor until coarse and add to pot. Heat pot over medium heat and add ginger, chili pepper and cumin; cook, stirring for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mint and salt; let cool until easy to handle.
- Shape mixture into 6 patties. Heat half of the oil in large nonstick skillet over medium heat and pan fry patties in batches, for about 10 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with Carrot raita.
- In a large bowl, stir together carrot, yogurt, mint, cilantro, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and refrigerate.