In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we have an exciting solo episode on how to define success on your own terms. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, I discussed this in Chapter 5 entitled “The Incomparable You”. Holistic Wealth was highlighted as the Book of the Week by Maria Shriver’s Sunday Paper, and a quote from Holistic Wealth was highlighted, which is also very relevant to this episode:
“Chasing after the highest paid position is pointless. Service to humanity is the highest calling”. – Keisha Blair, Holistic Wealth
In my interview with Maria Shriver’s Sunday Paper, also recently published, I outlined “5 Tips for Facing Giant Life Obstacles with Power and Grace”, which are also very instructive for defining success on your own terms including honouring your values, facing your “dry bones” and spiritual self-renewal, as well as holistic growth – which includes building wealth in all aspects of our lives—including mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual— which is paramount. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you define success on your own terms, and master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”. Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
How To Define Success on Your Own Terms
This is a quick list of some strategies to help you cope during stressful times (Listen to the full episode of the podcast):
- Outline your core values – If you ever feel lost, it can be clarifying to acknowledge the things in life that propel you. Write down the values that are most meaningful to you. Whether it’s community, loyalty, or courage—there are so many. Think about not only your life and your unique story of self—where you come from your unique background, skills, and experiences—but also what drives you and your passions.
- Create a Personal Mission Statement – An intention represents a commitment to carrying out an action in the future – creating a personal mission statement helps to articulate your intentions. The Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook has case studies and a template to help guide you.
- Think about your personal Holistic Wealth PortfolioTM – Your Holistic Wealth portfolio is a summation of all your goals and intentions as well as a roadmap to get you there in the core aspects of holistic wealth. The Institute on Holistic Wealth can help you develop yours.
- Focus on Mindfulness – Regular and sustained mindfulness practice has been shown to improve attentional control, increase awareness of internal and external experiences and reduce stress.
- Embrace the Holistic Wealth Method – Think of all your decisions as either a depletion or an addition to your holistic wealth bank account – and focus on activities that enrich you.
- Positive Self-Talk – This can stop the catastrophic mind chatter that causes stress and allows you to focus on keeping your intentions and setting goals.
- Find Your Purpose (Your Why) – Remember your “why” and embrace your mission and purpose (refocus and re-energize).
I also discussed various strategies from my new book: Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom. Tune in to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom. By Keisha Blair
The Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook by Keisha Blair
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Why it’s so important to define success on your own terms
- Learn some tips and strategies for authentically defining what success means to you
- Learn why embracing your purpose in life is critical to finding more meaning.
- Learn why having your personal holistic wealth portfolio is critical to defining success on your own terms.
- How the Holistic Wealth Method (developed by Keisha Blair and outlined in Holistic Wealth) helps you to effectively manage stress and anxiety.
Listen to the Full Episode: How To Define Success On Your Own Terms with Keisha Blair
Featured on the Show:
- Check out my website at:keishablair.com
- Order the new book, Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, also mentioned as a resource in this episode.
- Visit keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order the award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow Keisha Blair on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!