Healthy Tips for Cab Drivers and Truckers.
We understand the struggle of eating healthy on the road and the temptation to grab fast food so we wanted to provide some tips on how to stay healthy on the job.
- Keep healthy snacks with you at all times! Some healthy snack options are fruits, vegetables, raw nuts.
- Take advantage of local produce. If you see a fruit stand or Farmer’s Market stop to load up on fruits and vegetables.
- Stop at grocery stores for food instead of fast food restaurants. Many grocery stores have salad bars, usually near the produce section which is where you should be spending most of your time anyway (wink, wink). Explore the organic section and see what products you could try for a snack.
- Stay hydrated and drink lots of water that way you aren’t craving junk foods unnecessarily.
- Walk during your breaks, it keeps the blood circulation going and gives you a chance to get some cardio instead of sitting down. The trucker pictured above has the right idea!
If you have your own tips, comment below so others can learn from your experiences!