Get The Best Beauty Looks From The 2015 Oscars: The Oscars have wrapped and we’ve got the lowdown on the night’s most impressive beauty looks straight from the experts!
Get Dakota Johnson sleek hair look by Make-up Artist Mark Townsend
“Working with Dakota has been such an incredible and inspiring experience. For the 2015 Oscars I wanted her hair to reflect her personality and style, and the Saint Laurent gown she chose to wear was very vibrant. We decided her hair should be off the dress, but not necessarily up, so I went for a young, cool ponytail. She has the most amazing fringe so we kept them down with some face framing layers to keep the style modern and perfectly imperfect.”
- To create the look, I started by adding a few drops of Dove Youthful Vitality Silk Crème to her damp hair and blow dried with a Mason Pearson brush.
- For texture and grip, I liberally sprayed Dove Refresh+Care Invigorating Dry Shampoo throughout her hair, then gathered it just above the occipital bone, securing with a tight elastic.
- The key to dressing up a ponytail is in the details, so I pulled a small amount of hair from the ponytail, wrapped it around the base to hide the elastic, and secured with bobby pins.
- To create additional texture I sprayed Sally Hershberger Glam Waves spray in my hands and raked it through the ponytail.
- I finished by spraying Dove Style+Care Extra Hold Hairspray to add shine and keep her hair in place all night.”
Get Reese Witherspoon’s modern take on classic, 40s waves by John Frieda
Inspired by the sleek and beautiful lines of Reese Witherspoon’s dress, celebrity hairstylist Adir Abergel gave the Best Actress Nominee a deep middle part that transitioned into soft cascading waves for the red carpet tonight. “I wanted to play up the duality of texture and create a look that had strength and softness at the same time,” said Adir.
- Adir started by creating a severe middle part and then applied John Frieda Luxurious Volume Volume Building Mousse from roots to mid shaft to towel-dried hair.
- To continue building the perfect foundation, Adir applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Beyond Smooth Frizz-Immunity Primer from roots to ends before blow-drying hair away from the face with a medium-sized round brush.
- Once dry, Adir tucked hair behind both ears and pinned into place. “A great tip to avoid dents in the hair is to use a business card and hair clip to hold the style in place,” said Adir.
- To create the soft waves in the back, Adir used a 1″ curling iron and curled the hair in a barrel curl from ends to mid shaft, pinning them in place to cool down. He continued that motion throughout the entire back section of the hair that was down.
- Before removing the cooled curls from their pin set, Adir sprayed John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Flexible Hold Hairspray. He then removed all the pins and let the hair drop, applying more hairspray on a paddle brush and brushing out the curls into a smooth 1940’s wave.
- Adir then removed the business cards that were holding the front structure of the hair in place and applied John Frieda Frizz Ease Expert Finish Polishing Serum with a coloring brush to create duality in texture.
- To finish, Adir spritzed John Frieda Frizz Ease Keraflex Flexible Hold Hairspray to lock in style all night.
Get Julianne Moore’s classic makeup by L’Oréal Paris – by Make-up Artist Elaine Offers
“The inspiration for Julianne’s look was classic, glamorous beauty. Julianne loves lilacs and taupes on her eyes, and a rich lip served as bold contrast against her white Chanel dress,” explained makeup artist Elaine Offers.
- Elaine prepped skin with L’Oréal Paris Age Perfect Cell Renewal Serum and L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Miracle Blur for a smooth base.
- Then she used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation as a base to create a flawless all-over complexion.
- Next, she blended L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Blur Blush in Soft Pink– a versatile, youthful hue – high up onto the apples of the cheeks.
- Elaine turned to taupe and light lilac hues within the L’Oréal Paris Colour Riche La Palette Nude to intensify Julianne’s eyes to perfection.
- Next, she applied L’Oréal Paris Voluminous Butterfly Intenza Mascara for bold, well-defined lashes.
- Elaine used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Lip Colour in Raisin Revival, a deep purple-brown shade topped off with the pro-seal balm on the opposite end.
- L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray sealed the radiant look in for a Red Carpet-ready finish.
- Elaine sent Julianne off with a L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Powder compact for touch ups sparingly and as needed throughout the night.
Get Keira Knightley’s natural look by Chanel – Makeup Artist Kate Lee
“Keira is always so inspiring to me, and I love being a part of her team. Today, to complement her amazing gown, we created a natural makeup look and simply embellished what’s already there,” explained Chanel Celebrity Makeup Artist Kate Lee.
I spritzed CHANEL Hydra Beauty Essence Mist onto very clean skin, then massaged in CHANEL Hydra Beauty Micro Sérum, followed by CHANEL Hydra Beauty Gel Crème. The finishing touch was applying CHANEL Hydra Beauty Nourishing Lip Care and allowing it to sit like a mask until I was ready to apply lipstick.
I always aim for tactile, perfect skin, and I like my foundation to be invisible. Keira already has perfect skin, so I focused on adding luminosity and dimension. With CHANEL Foundation Brush #6, I dabbed CHANEL Perfection Lumière Velvet Smooth-Effect Makeup Broad Spectrum SPF 15 Sunscreen onto the center of each cheek, center of the forehead and the chin. Then, I used a dampened Beautyblender to melt makeup into the skin.
In the socket line and along the lower lashline, I applied CHANEL Soft Touch Eyeshadow in Hasard, which is between a mauve and a mid-toned grey. It’s the most beautiful shading color. I left the lids bare, then finished with mascara.
After removing excess balm with a cotton tip, I lined the lips with CHANEL Precision Lip Definer in Natural and applied CHANEL Rouge Coco Ultra Hydrating Lip Colour in Marie. It’s the best version of a natural color, a little more intense version of her natural lip shade. As a finishing step, I did a ‘reverse lipliner’ by drawing concealer around the mouth to seal the colour.