Financial and Money-Based Trauma and How to Rewrite Your Personal Money Story.
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our very special guest is Dr. Nicole Lepera. Dr. Nicole LePera was trained in clinical psychology at Cornell University and the New School for Social Research. She also studied at the Philadelphia School of Psychoanalysis. As a clinical psychologist in private practice, Dr. Nicole LePera often found herself frustrated by the limitations of traditional psychotherapy. Wanting more for her patients—and for herself—she began a journey to develop a united philosophy of mental, physical, and spiritual health that equips people with the tools necessary to heal themselves. Nothing short of a paradigm shift, Dr. Nicole LePera’s teachings empower the individual to break free from trauma cycles and create who they want to become. Dr. Lepera now has 4.8 million followers (i.e. the self-healer community) on Instagram, which is growing and thriving by the day.
In this episode, we discussed financial and money-based trauma and how to create a new money story. This includes creating a new relationship with money, practicing new thoughts about money, learning how to relate with other views around money. To see money in a different actionable way, and to then create change in our relationship with money. We also discussed ancestral money blocks (and a previous Holistic Wealth podcast episode with Jena Sophia about the sub-conscious) and lack of awareness around our money habits as well as unlearning previous money thoughts around money security and prioritizing money habits.
Personal Financial Identity quiz
As Dr. Lepera said in the interview around her own personal money story:
“It was always this kind of drive or awareness of security and the lack of security that I was seemingly going into in private practice. So taking that Personal Financial Identity quiz and, and seeing that mindset of an entrepreneur and a Risk Taker definitely now is something that I can resonate with learning again, how to move forward. Once I really realized that this practice wasn’t going to be my end-all. Even though I invested upwards of almost $200,000 in school debt, and almost 10 years of my life to do it. Talk about taking a risk.
Living in alignment was what was most important than just going to that security of that job that I know was giving me a comfortable life. It took an unlearning that belief of what security means and beginning to prioritize other things, in addition to security, and of course, it meant the practical in the middle of all of this, where I still had the practice that I was doing on a limited basis while I was now trying to create this new path”.
Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, with special guest, Dr. Nicole Lepera (the Holistic Psychologist).
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Available for Preorder.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Lepera’s amazing journey, leaving her practice to focus on the self-healers community.
- Financial and money-based trauma, how to recognize it, and how to become more self-aware, including ancestral money blocks.
- The study of epigenetics and how genes and our environment contribute to trauma.
- How a scarcity mindset can keep us stuck in life and unable to embrace a more positive relationship with money.
- How to rewrite your personal money story (using the Personal Financial Identities Framework as a tool), and start a new relationship with money.
- Lepera’s thoughts on thriving through a global pandemic, and how everyone can prioritize self-care and their mental health.
- Lepera’s personal financial identity (based on Keisha Blair’s Personal Financial Identity Framework and Quiz, and how it affects her everyday finances and money decisions.
- Learn some tips and strategies to deal with your personal finances.
Featured on the Show:
- Check out Nicole’s website at: https://theholisticpsychologist.com/
- Pre-order Keisha Blair’s new book, Holistic Wealth: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, also mentioned as a resource in this episode.
- Visit keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order the award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow Keisha Blair on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a review in Apple Podcasts!