Better Sex Through Mindfulness with Dr. Lori Brotto
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our special guest is Dr. Lori Brotto. Dr. Brotto shares advice and tips on how to have better sex through mindfulness. Sexual health and well-being are part of our physical, mental and emotional health and are therefore important to holistic wealth. As a matter of fact, there are very practical ways of integrating your sex and relationship goals as part of your overall holistic wealth.
Dr. Lori Brotto is a Professor in the UBC Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, where she holds a Canada Research Chair in Women’s Sexual Health. She is also the Executive Director for the Women’s Health Research Institute—one of only three institutes in Canada devoted to advancing research in women’s health, and maintains an active practice as a Registered Psychologist. Dr. Brotto was recently featured in the Netflix series The Principles of Pleasure and is the author of Better Sex through Mindfulness: How Women Can Cultivate Desire and the forthcoming The Better Sex through Mindfulness Workbook: A Guide to Cultivating Desire.
Through her numerous treatment studies, Dr. Brotto has taught women how to practice the present moment, and non-judgmental awareness to cultivate desire and sexual satisfaction. Mindfulness meditation trains the brain to stay in the here and now, and not get trapped in the allure of distractions and negative self-judgment. Skills such as mindfulness teach the brain to connect more completely with the body, allowing the practitioner to experience all of the sensations of sex.
In this podcast episode, we will discuss several reasons for sexual problems such as stress, multi-tasking, and previous trauma as well as long-standing myths about sexuality such as sexual desire should be spontaneous. walk you through effective strategies to make your sexual health an important part of your overall holistic wealth. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”. Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Better Sex through Mindfulness: How Women Can Cultivate Desire By Dr. Lori Brotto
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Sexual Health and Holistic Wealth – how are they connected and why it’s so important?
- Learn how to incorporate your sexual health and goals into your Holistic Wealth PortfolioTM.
- Learn some tips and strategies for coping with stress such as mindfulness, and being intentional by design (in order to enhance your sex life).
- Learn how sexual trauma can impact your sex life and strategies to improve it.
- How the Holistic Wealth Method (developed by Keisha Blair and outlined in Holistic Wealth) helps you to effectively manage stress and anxiety.
- Lori Brotto’s Personal Financial Identity (Based on the Personal Financial Identity Quiz developed by Keisha Blair).
Listen to the Full Episode: Better Sex Through Mindfulness with Dr. Lori Brotto
Featured on the Show:
- Check out Dr. Lori Brotto’s website at: https://www.loribrotto.com/ and https://brottolab.med.ubc.ca
- Order the new book, Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, also mentioned as a resource in this episode.
- Visit keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order the award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow Keisha Blair on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!