Founded by best-selling author of Holistic Wealth Keisha Blair, Global Holistic Wealth Day is a celebration of a life well lived that takes place annually on April 9th.
Global Holistic Wealth Day is a time to reflect on what it means to be truly ‘wealthy’ and how we can embody the transformational power of living with purpose, collecting experiences, engaging in meaningful work, cultivating your health and well-being, and creating emotional and spiritual connections with others, all while continuously working to build financial stability.
Keisha Blair created the Holistic Wealth movement and her life’s mission is to ensure everyone around the globe hears this message. April 9th is now commemorated as Global Holistic Wealth Day. On Global Holistic Wealth Day, we celebrate those who have lifted themselves up from life’s trials and tribulations and support those who are currently experiencing disruption with grace. With Holistic Wealth, prosperity is more than just a number—it’s a way of living, and it’s yours for the taking.
On Global Holistic Wealth Day, do at least one thing that adds to your mental, emotional, spiritual, physical, or financial wellness. Post about it on social media using the hashtag #globalholisticwealthday. Global Holistic Wealth Day is a day dedicated to celebrating wealth in all aspects of our lives, not just financial wealth. This day encourages individuals to take a step back and assess their overall well-being, including their physical, mental, and emotional health, relationships, career, and financial stability.
In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you live a holistically wealthy lifestyle.
Why Is Global Holistic Wealth Day Important?
A Global Mental Health Crisis: Around the globe, we are faced with a mental health crisis. According to the World Health Organization, around 450 million people currently struggle with mental illness, making it the leading cause of disability worldwide. In Canada, it affects more than 6.7 million people. One in two Canadians have—or have had—a mental illness by the time they reach 40 years of age. In the United States, a recent CNN/KFF survey revealed that 90% of adults think the country is experiencing a mental health crisis. From 2015 to 2019, prescriptions for anti-depressants rose 38% for teenagers compared to 15% for adults.
A Global Financial Well-Being Crisis: According to CNBC, total credit card debt reached a record $930.6 billion by the end of last year. “More consumers are leaning on credit cards to afford increasingly expensive necessities such as food and rent. At this rate, households are nearing a “breaking point,” according to a separate study by WalletHub”. Financial illiteracy is still a huge global problem. Across all age groups, the average estimated money loss reported due to lack of personal finance knowledge was $1,389.06. Financial illiteracy is estimated to have cost the United States more than $352 billion in 2021.
Global Health Crisis: Skyrocketing rates of illness and disease including cancer (including, prostate and breast cancers and others), as well as chronic illnesses such as diabetes on the rise and long COVID.
Social Justice/Gun Violence/Racial Crisis: The social fabric of our communities is threatened by increasing gun violence and racism. More than 50 American municipalities and three states have formally highlighted racism as a public health crisis.
Activities To celebrate Global Holistic Wealth Day
Here are some activities that people can do to celebrate Global Holistic Wealth Day:
- Take a mindful walk (hike, camping) or practice yoga: Exercise is not only essential for our physical health but also for our mental well-being. Taking a mindful walk in nature or practicing yoga can help us reduce stress and improve our mood.
- Practice gratitude: Take some time to reflect on the things you’re grateful for in life. Gratitude is a powerful tool that can help us shift our focus to the positive aspects of our lives.
- Practice Spiritual Self-Renewal: Prayer and meditation are also critical. Spiritual self-renewal is important for renewing your hope and motivation.
- Have a healthy meal with loved ones: Eating a healthy meal with family and friends is a great way to nourish our bodies and build strong relationships. It’s also an opportunity to practice mindful eating and savor every bite.
- Volunteer or donate to a cause you care about: Giving back to the community is a great way to promote holistic wealth. Volunteering or donating to a cause you care about can give you a sense of purpose and fulfillment.
- Practice self-care: Take some time to pamper yourself and practice self-care. This can include taking a relaxing bath, getting a massage, reading a good book, or listening to a podcast episode.
- Reflect on your financial goals: Take some time to reflect on your financial goals and create a budget to help you achieve them. Financial stability is a crucial aspect of holistic wealth, and taking control of your finances can reduce stress and improve your overall well-being. If you haven’t yet, take the personal financial identity quiz and get to know your personal financial identity.
Subscribe and tune in to listen to this episode on Global Holistic Wealth Day with Keisha Blair.
Get Your Copy of the Book: Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom (Forward by Actress Kelly Rutherford).