6 Ways To Boost Your Energy
Stop what you’re doing and assess your current situation right now. Do you feel run-down, tired and sort of lethargic? Or are you loaded with energy and ready to tackle your biggest projects. Most likely, you relate to the first part and if the latter is your current state – good for you! For many of us, a lack of energy is a pretty common problem. You’re always in go mode, from the moment you get up: alarm goes off, kiddos are up, you’re getting everyone out the door, a long day at work, followed by making dinner and collapsing into bed – only to do it all over again tomorrow. Who wouldn’t be tired? If your superhero powers aren’t quite what they used to be and you’re looking to add a little pep to your step, keep reading to learn 6 ways to boost your energy.
- Get more sleep. Simple, but it works. Sometimes sleep falls sort of low on the priority list with everything that needs to get done in a day, but skimping on sleep will affect you in the long run. If you want to get more done in a day, more sleep is probably your best bet. Clocking in at least eight hours a night is essential (and if you can get one extra, you’re golden). You’ll be surprised at how good you feel. Easiest way to get that done? Skip the late night TV and set the DVR….
- Pay attention to your diet. What goes in definitely determines what kind of output you have. Think about it – if you eat a huge piece of pizza or a heavy plate of pasta, don’t you just want to go take a nap? Loading up on fresh veggies, fruits and lean meats will keep your meals light and you on your toes.
- Add some fresh air to your daily to-do list. This one is easier said than done when you get caught up in work projects or inundated with family obligations. But making this a priority will make you a better employee – you’ll be refreshed and ready-to-go. Switch up the after school routine and head outside for a walk or jog next to your kiddos while they ride their bikes. It will be tough to get motivated (especially when it’s cold outside), but it will feel great once you’re out there.
- Reduce stress. OK, this is a tough one for many of us. Stress from work, family – you name it – sometimes it just piles up and suddenly you just want to take a nap. Think about how you can remove one stressful thing from your day to give yourself even the smallest break. No can do? Add about ten minutes of meditation to your morning routine to start your day from a centered and calm place.
- Get moving. The gym isn’t just a place to get your butt kicked in the latest spin class, it’s an energizer and even a mood booster! Getting those endorphins flowing is one of the best ways to increase your energy and add long-lasting stamina to your day. Start each day early with a trip to the gym – you’ll be surprised at just how great you feel.
- Hydrate. Hydrate. You probably hear this all the time. You know why? Because it works! Water is essential for keeping the body in tip-top shape and there’s no doubt that lots of it will also keep you energized throughout the day.
Can any of these energy boosters be incorporated into your daily routine?