In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, our special guest is Damali Peterman, Esq., Founder, CEO and Chief Conflict Resolver of Breakthrough ADR LLC. Damali gives tips on how to negotiate a higher salary at work, plus we discuss conflict resolution tips and strategies.
Did you know that only 12 percent of women negotiate their starting salary? This compares with 52 percent of men. In addition, men are 4 times more likely than women to ask for a raise at work. This leads to 1.5 million in lost wages over the life of a woman’s career.
In this interview, Damali shares tips on salary negotiation. Damali has extensive experience in corporate law, mediation, negotiation, and conflict resolution. Prior to starting BREAKTHROUGHADR, Damali was Assistant General Counsel at Deloitte LLP in the Engagements group and a senior corporate associate in the Mergers & Acquisitions group at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP. At Weil, Damali was based in New York but also spent time working in Weil’s Washington, D.C., Dallas, London and Shanghai offices.
Damali represents and advises businesses (large and small) and individuals in corporate and commercial matters. She has represented and advised some of the world’s largest companies in high profile corporate matters. She routinely negotiates with General Counsel and other senior executives on behalf of her clients, and delivers effective and innovative solutions. Damali approaches her clients’ issues from a holistic viewpoint and endeavors to both understand and solve the specific matter at hand, as well as advance the overall business goals of her clients.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Damali’s amazing journey as an entrepreneur and her advice for how you can find your purpose and calling.
- Damali’s tips for negotiating a higher salary at work and how you should think of your entire compensation package in your negotiations.
- Damali’s take on the recent riots in Washington D.C. from a conflict resolution and negotiation standpoint.
- Damali’s thoughts on social media, organizing and conflict escalation and resolution.
- Damali’s personal financial identity and how it has impacted her business (based on Keisha Blair’s Personal Financial Identity Framework).
- How you can make a difference and own your voice, to impact the community in a positive way.
Featured on the Show:
- Check out Aspire-Canada’s RESUME SERVICES
- Visit www.keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic WealthTM Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order my award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow me on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!