The summer is officially here and it’s definitely going to keep getting hotter before it gets any cooler. I don’t know about you all, but I’ve started to get creative with ways to stay cool over these hot months. One of my favorite and most fun ways to keep cool that the kids love too, is making homemade fruit popsicles! Not only do you control what goes into them ensuring you’re family is enjoying high quality ingredients, but they’re relatively affordable too. Just watch for fruits that are in season because they have great sales at your local markets!
For projects like these, I always head over to Pinterest where I found so many ideas that are so easy to make that the kids can join in on the fun. Don’t feel intimidated, it is really easy to make these and all you need to buy are popsicle molds.
Stay Cool with Homemade Popsicles
Here are five of my favorite Pinterest-approved popsicles for the summer.
1. All Natural Mango Popsicles– Mango is everywhere right now and I can’t think of a better way to eat it than frozen with strawberries or kiwis. They’re so beautiful too right? These are also great for parties and even for Instagram photos!
2. Rainbow Fresh Fruit Popsicles– Can you imagine how delicious it will be to suck on this colorful popsicle by the pool? Don’t have a pool yet? I remember when I was a kid and my and some friends from my neighborhood jumped through the sprinklers waiting for the ice cream truck. If you make these for the kids, they won’t waste money and this will be much healthier too.
3. Strawberry Coconut Popsicle– All you need to make this type of popsicle are four ingredients: coconut milk, greek yogurt, strawberries and coconut flakes. Are we kidding? We would never kid about something as pretty as this! You may want to buy more than one set of molds to ensure you always have these popsicles available.
4. Peanut Butter and Banana Yogurt Pops-This type of popsicle is next level and totally different to traditional ones like we mentioned above. Peanut Butter and banana make a great team on toast, so why not on a stick as dessert? All you’ll need to make these lickers is a food processor, popsicle sticks and just four ingredients. You may have these at home already: peanut butter, bananas, yogurt and honey.
5. Marshmallow Fruity Pebbles Pudding Pops– Don’t be surprised if the kids request this popsicle for breakfast! And why should you say no for a special occasion? After all, it has milk and cereal as part of the ingredients! The only other things you’ll need are whole milk and vanilla pudding. I bet you’ll get the little ones to make their beds and pick up their toys if you offer this as a treat!