Cha Cha Cha Chia Pudding!
Growing up did you have a chia pet? I had two, a lamb and a dog. I took excellent care of the creatures but I will admit I never even dreamed of the nutrient value contained in the tiny seeds that grew their “fur”.
Raw chia seeds have an incredible nutrient profile. They have fiber, calcium, potassium, and omega-3’s. Some people are even calling them a super food! They have a wholesome, nutty taste and they keep you full for hours. That is my favorite thing!
This Chia Pudding recipe is really basic. I always make up a batch after I have made a fresh nut milk and then eat it for breakfast. It also makes a tasty dessert, especially if you add a couple drops of raw stevia!
- 3/4 cup raw Chia Seeds
- 2 cups almond milk (or other raw, non-dairy milk)
- 1-2 drops raw Stevia Extract (or a teaspoon raw honey)
- 1-2 drops raw vanilla
- Fresh fruit and berries to garnish
- Mix all ingredient (except fruit) together. I recommend mixing them in a Mason Jar with a lid to make the next steps and storage easier but any bowl works too.
- Mix (or shake) the pudding every 3-5 minutes. This keeps the chia seeds from clumping as they gel. Do this for 15 minutes.
- Put the container in the fridge and let it sit for at least 2 hours. The longer it sits the more pudding-like the texture will become.
- Scoop into a bowl, top with fruits, and enjoy!