I consider myself incredibly lucky. I love what I do. I’m able to constantly come up with innovative ideas, immerse myself in new projects like the Motives Ambush Makeovers, and am always around some of the best people I know. Although, I won’t lie, even I’m not immune to the Monday blues. Going from your weekend mindset to your working mindset can be a challenge. Hopefully some of my tips can get you from daydreaming about your weekend to super charging your workday.
5 Ways to Improve Your Monday
1. Start Sunday Night: I know no one wants to hear it, but prepping for Monday before it starts to creep in can get you ready for the upcoming work week. Try writing up a to-do list or maybe try to get started on your least favorite work projects ahead of time. Get them out of the way so you can get a chance to enjoy the good parts of your job.
2. Get Started Early: Waking up early can give you more time to bring yourself straight to the present, focus on what you need to get done, and maybe even give you time to make your bed. It could possibly even give you time for a morning workout so you can kickoff off your workweek right.
3. Ease Into The Work Week: If planning ahead of time seems overwhelming, you could also trying easing into your Monday. Maybe consider getting the harder things on your to-do list done after lunch. It might help you get rid of the pressure you may be feeling.
4. Plan Something Fun: All work and no play can make some people go crazy so maybe plan a date night with your husband or boyfriend. Maybe plan a fun girl’s night out. Plan whatever you want, as long as it’s fun enough for you to look forward to. It could even help you blow off some steam if you’re having an especially stressful workweek.
5. Try To Keep a Positive Outlook: Remind yourself why you love your job. Make a list of why you’re grateful for your job. Make a list of things that you’re excited about. Exercises like these are helpful for keeping your spirits high and making sure you feel ready to tackle whatever needs to get tackled.
Happy Monday! xoxo