Being a parent in today’s world is one of the toughest jobs out there. You want to be that role model your child needs and you also want to help them be prepared for life’s ups and downs. How do you know the best way to guide your baby along the way? From teaching your little one to be genuine and inherently good, to instilling the confidence to tackle whatever comes his or her way, helping your child grow is your main job as a parent. When it comes down to it, it’s pretty simple: teach your child to be a good person with a good heart – and you’ve done your job. I felt inspired to share these with you after watching my beautiful daughter Amber become a mom for the second time just two days ago. I hope they inspire you to share these with your children. Here are 10 sentences that will change your child’s life.
10 Sentences That Will Change Your Child’s Life
- Surround yourself with good people. Running in the company of good people means you’ll always be around inspiring and intelligent souls who can teach you a thing or two about life. Valuing those relationships will give your life a sense of meaning – filled with people who will love you and respect you for who you are.
- Always express your original ideas. No one has gotten anywhere by holding in their ideas. When you have one, share it! Get your voice heard – you never know what will come of it, so don’t be shy.
- Mistakes happen, and that’s OK. You’ll never learn how to move forward without experiencing mistakes, so go for it! You have to try things out to know what the outcome will be – so go for it. If you make a mistake, no worries – you’ll learn from it and move on.
- Never give up. If you have a dream, chase it. No one is going to go after it for you.
- Speak the truth at all times. Telling the truth is a rule to live by – there’s no question about it. When it comes to telling the truth, it’s always the best option.
- Follow your passions and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. Your passions are what will drive both your success and your happiness – so go after them with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- You are the only person who can make yourself truly happy. No thing, person or place can equal a sense of true happiness. You know who you are and what you need to be a happy and complete soul – rely only on yourself for this sense of fulfillment.
- Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks of you. Be concerned with what you think of you. Make choices and decisions you believe in and that you’re proud of.
- For every success you have, you’ll also experience five failures. You have to learn to appreciate success and that appreciation often comes after you’ve also experienced frustration and setbacks.
- Love passionately and whole-heartedly. Love is one of the best and most true gifts we have, so don’t hold back when you find it. Giving the gift of love is the best thing we have to offer, so show your loved ones just how much you care.
What’s most important to you when it comes to teaching your kids about life’s lessons?
– See more at: http://www.lorensworld.com/life-work/10-sentences-that-will-change-your-childs-life/#sthash.xGavMmo5.dpuf