For many of us, working from home is an opportunity not to be passed up. It’s convenient, comfortable and in a lot of ways can make a job feel like a dream. If you’re a student, entrepreneur or even a remote employee for a large company, having a dedicated workspace (and one that feels good!) is a must. Feeling organized, productive and on-your-game means getting off the sofa and creating a space dedicated solely to your work. Check out these must-haves for a home office that will help with productivity, focus and get the creative spirit flying.
Working from Home: Creating a Dedicated Space
· Designated work-space. Could be a whole room or just a corner – whatever you can spare. A sense of separation is key.
· Coffee maker, tea pot – whatever keeps you going in the early morning hours.
· Desk lamp or floor lamp – skip the fluorescents if possible.
· A reliable computer and internet access. (a printer/scanner is great too!)
· A good storage area. (shelves, drawers)
· A phone.
· An inspiration wall or board.
· Office supplies. (paper, stapler, pens ect.)
· A notebook or planner – for your daily to-do list.
· Natural light. This will keep you on your game.
Do you work from home? How have you created a space to stay productive?