1 ¾ Cups vegetable broth
¼ Teaspoon dry mustard
1 Pinch cayenne powder
1 Cup yellow cornmeal
For vegetable ragout:
1 Large leek, trimmed and halved
2 Cups cauliflower florets
1 Cup baby carrots, halved length wise
8 Ounces white mushrooms
4 Garlic cloves, chopped
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup fresh corn
1 Roma tomato, chopped
¼ Cup basil leaves, thinly sliced
1 Tablespoon fresh marjoram
1 Tablespoon fresh thyme
- For polenta: Coat an 8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. In large saucepan combine 2 cups water with broth, mustard and cayenne. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium and whisk in cornmeal. Reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, pour into baking dish, set aside to firm.
- For ragout: Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Cut off and discard dark green top from the leek, cut into 1 inch slices and put in a large bowl. Add cauliflower, carrots, mushrooms and garlic, drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Spread vegetable in a large roasting pan. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and stir in corn and tomatoes. Put back in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove from oven and put vegetables and juices in a large Dutch oven.
- Put Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook vegetables for 5-10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in basil, majoram and thyme.
5. Preheat broiler with top rack 4-6 inches from heat source. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray. Cut polenta into squares and place on baking sheet. Broil 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- To serve place polenta squares on each plate and top with ragout.