10 Weekly Habits to Boost Your Financial Confidence with Keisha Blair
In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we have an exciting solo episode on 10 weekly habits to boost your financial confidence. We’re in the midst of a high-inflation period, with rising gas prices, rising food prices and rising interest rates. Research shows that women tend to be less financially confident than men, but also outperform their male counterparts when it comes to investments and savings, according to Fidelity Investments. According to a survey by Fidelity, 80% of women hold back from talking about money with family and friends, yet 92% of women want to learn more about financial planning. Furthermore, 80% of couples have different money mindsets and different approaches to financial decision-making, which can also impact money confidence. It’s critical to know your personal financial identity in order to boost financial/money confidence. In this episode, I will walk you through effective strategies to boost your financial confidence. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”. Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom.
The Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook
The Trauma of Money Certification Program, Institute on Holistic Wealth
What is Financial/Money Confidence?
Financial Confidence comes from knowing that you are in control of your finances. If you make the most of your money, that helps you make the most out of life. However, financial anxiety and unresolved money trauma can erode financial confidence as well as not knowing your personal financial identity. Overcoming financial trauma, knowing how to rewrite your own personal money story as well as mastering your money mindset is a critical part of boosting financial confidence and achieving holistic wealth. Many experts now realize that teaching financial literacy without teaching money mindset mastery is a recipe for failure. On the Holistic Wealth podcast, we have had some amazing guests who have shared their own money mindset struggles, as well as tips and strategies to overcome financial trauma, improve money mindset and overcome money blocks ( including ancestral money blocks).
10 Weekly Habits to Boost Your Financial Confidence
Here are 10 weekly habits to help you boost your financial confidence (Listen to the full episode of the podcast):
- Financial Affirmations – Financial affirmations are short quotes or affirmations that you can tell yourself about money. Some people also refer to financial affirmations as money mantras or abundance mantras. Holistic Wealth Mantras are also helpful. The goal is to help you build your financial/money confidence. It doesn’t matter where you are starting from, a money mantra can help you stay the course to reach your financial goals.
- Money Date Nights – Having regular money date nights with a significant other or alone, should be more than just a time to look at your budget—it’s also a time for you (and your partner) to take a deeper dive into your finances. So, whether it’s having your favorite snacks or putting on your favorite show, making the environment happier will make the experience that much better. Having money date nights is an intentional activity that represents a commitment to carrying out an action in the future – which helps with boosting money confidence.
- Focus on Money Mindfulness – Regular and sustained mindfulness practice has been shown to improve attentional control, increase awareness of internal and external experiences and reduce stress. Each of us makes at least 50,000 decisions each day (including financial decisions) – it is critical to be mindful each and every day about our money decisions.
- Financial Education/Invest In Yourself – financial education includes listening to financial/money podcasts, reading financial or money-related books as well as taking courses to dive deeper into the material to help boost your money confidence.
- Embrace the Holistic Wealth Method – Think of all your decisions as either a depletion or an addition to your holistic wealth bank account – and focus on activities that enrich you.
- Focus on Financial Resilience – Financial resilience is the ability to bounce back from life-altering setbacks that impact our personal finances (including investments, income and assets), such as the death of a spouse or loved one, divorce, disability, health issues, unemployment as well as events such as economic fallout from a pandemic, a natural disaster or economic recession. Its how well we can absorb, respond to and adjust to a financial shock.
- Commit to Reducing Financial Denial – Commit to really facing financial realities and reducing debt, whether student loans or credit card debt and being intentional on a weekly basis on tuning into your personal finances.
- Focus on Your Personal Relationship with Money – When you think of money how does it make you feel? Do you have physical symptoms of anxiety and stress? The key is to change those feelings to more positive feelings about money.
- Money Mission Statements – Remember your “why” and embrace your mission and purpose (refocus and re-energize). Money mission statements can help you boost your financial/money confidence. The Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook has case studies on personal mission statements and a template to help guide you.
- Craft Your Holistic Wealth Portfolio TM – This can be updated on a monthly basis that you keep updating and it gives you a sense of your financial resilience and how able you will be to weather a financial setback. The Institute on Holistic Wealth can help you develop your Holistic Wealth Portfolio.
Various strategies from the new book: Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom. Tune in to this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Why it’s so important to start boosting your financial confidence now.
- Learn some tips and strategies for boosting your financial confidence with strategies such as money mindfulness, and being intentional by design.
- Learn why unresolved trauma and financial anxiety can prevent you from increasing your money confidence.
- How the Holistic Wealth Method (developed by Keisha Blair and outlined in Holistic Wealth) helps you to effectively manage stress and anxiety.
Listen to the Full Episode: 10 Weekly Habits to Boost Your Financial Confidence
Featured on the Show:
- Check out my website at:keishablair.com
- Pre-order the new book, Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, also mentioned as a resource in this episode.
- Visit keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order the award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow Keisha Blair on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!