Warmer weather is here and salad season is upon us! If you’re interested in spicing up your salad, I’m excited to share this delicious recipe created by top NYC chef, Steve Lindner (Zone Manhattan) for a Sweet Maine Lobster, Dandelion and Apricot Salad. Featuring unique and seasonal ingredients, this recipe is a light, delicious lunch great for entertaining. Yum!
- Lobster – 1.5 lb.
- Fava Beans – 1 lb.
- Fennel- 1 (Shave)
- Persian Cucumber – 1 cs. Round
- Fresh Apricot- 4 ea.
- Dandelion Greens
- Golden Beets – 2 ea.
- Green Beans – ½ lb.
- Radish – 1 bags (slice)
- Spring Baby Carrots- ½ lb.
- Poach 2 x 1 ¼ Lobster for 14 min
- Remove the meat and dice
- Clean dandelion greens well (very sandy)
- Slice Apricots into 8 pieces, shave fennel slice radish and cucumber round
- Remove Favas from their pod
- Cook and peel Fava Beans
- Roast whole and peel beets- dice and sprinkle with raspberry vinegar (balsamic)
- Blanch baby carrots for 2 min.
Apricot and Orange Vinaigrette – (note: Vin. to be in 1 oz. cups)
- 1/2 cup fresh apricot
- Zest of 1 orange
- 1/4 white wine vinegar
- 1/8 cup EVO (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In Blender- puree apricots with zest from 1 orange and vinegar
- Season with salt and pepper
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil is optional – Add slowly to taste
Add Dandelion leaves and vegetables in large bowl, add some dressing and mix. Add Lobster and serve!
– See more at: http://www.lorensworld.com/food-drink/recipe-healthy-refreshing-lobster-summer-salad/#sthash.yvaLmppd.dpuf