Green Banana Salsa
Here is another excellent raw recipe to celebrate the fresh flavors of summertime! I made a couple small changes from the original recipe to keep things completely raw. I found this recipe to be so filling by itself that I ate it as a salad for dinner. The leftovers were even better the next day for lunch because the flavors had more time to meld together!
- 1 large sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and finely chopped*
- 1 large sweet yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 red onions, chopped
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 small piece of ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon raw honey
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 green bananas (ripe and slightly green bananas work best so you don’t get a mushy salad)
- Juice from 1 1/2 limes
- Chopped cilantro, to taste
*Be careful with the jalapeno. I scrubbed my hands twice after handling and still ended up with burning eyes!
Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl. Eat instantly or cover and let sit for a few hours for a deeper flavor.
Let me know what you think!