Sometimes you just want to have a special weekend. Whether it’s an important occasion or simply time to wind down after a stressful week, planning ahead can make all the difference when it comes to having that relaxing experience you’ve been dreaming of. You may want to spend the weekend with your bestie, that special someone in your life, your kiddos or even all by yourself – no matter who this is for – here’s some ideas for 7 unforgettable weekend plans you can’t resist.Tropical cruise with the girls. Head south of the border and hop aboard a ship loaded with good food, great drinks and poolside relaxation. There are loads of weekend cruise deals to be found – perfect for a quick getaway with your favorite ladies.
- A romantic weekend in. Romance your guy with a weekend that includes snuggling under the covers, watching loads of movies and winning his heart with your best recipes. Start with your favorite (and most sexy) lingerie and end curled up by the fire with two glasses of bubbly.
- Head to the city. Do you live in the suburbs and need a little fast-paced excitement? Plan a city weekend, complete with a live show and fancy dinner out. Take walks through the park, shop till you drop and get all dolled up in your most sparkly attire.
- Take the kiddos to an amusement park. Can’t get all the way to Disney? It’s OK – head straight for an amusement park and hop aboard your favorite rides. Hit the teacups, rollercoasters and even enjoy some really unhealthy foods (like funnel cakes and hot dogs!).
- Go camping – in the backyard! This one is definitely seasonal, but next time it’s warm enough, pop the tent in the backyard and fire up the grill for some s’mores – it’s time to get your wilderness on. Sleeping bags, ghost stories, flashlights and hot cocoa – the whole works.
- Yoga getaway (just for you!). Head to Zen with a weekend totally focused on getting your headstand on. Find the resort of your dreams that includes a nutritional plan and all the yoga you can ask for.
- Vegas weekend. For the time of your life full of bright lights, slots, glamorous shows and incredible food – head straight to Vegas. Perfect spot for either a romantic getaway with your honey or a big group of your besties, Vegas will not disappoint.
- Movie marathon. This one is perfect for winter when the weather is blustery and no one in the whole family wants to go outside. Load up on your favorite movies, popcorn, pizza and bring all the blankets straight to the TV room.
So – what do you think? Would any of these ideas make for the unforgettable weekend you’re looking for?