6 Ways to Improve Your Mood
Ok, so maybe it’s cold and grey outside and you can’t remember the last time you saw the sun. Or maybe you’re stressed about work and in need of a vacation. Maybe you just didn’t get enough sleep last night. Whatever the reason, if you’re feeling like you’re in a bit of a foul mood with no change in sight, it’s time to take matters into your own hands. Read ahead for six things you can do right now to improve your mood. Your friends will thank you.
- Go for a run: Or do any kind of exercise you can get to. Getting your endorphins running and relieving built up tension is an excellent way of improving your current mood. At the very least, it will relax you.
- Get some air: If you can change your perspective and your environment, it may change the way you feel. Get some fresh air, if you can get outside, and just take a few moments to sit and reflect.
- Listen to music: Music is incredibly powerful in changing the way we feel about ourselves and others. It’s one of the greatest tools we can use in helping to convey a feeling. So put on something upbeat, something you love, and listen to it (loudly, if you must!) while you think of brighter, sunnier days.
- Meditate: Find out what’s really bothering you. Take a few minutes to yourself to quiet your mind and find out why you’re in this less-than-favorable state. Meditating on a problem can often help you bring about answers you weren’t seeing before because of daily distractions.
- Stretch: Move your body around and get into a better physical situation, releasing some of the tension and pressure you’re probably holding in. If you practice yoga, then a quick break will do you a world of good. If you don’t have much time, even some desk yoga will work well.
- Smile: You may not feel like it right now, but crack a smile or even go for a laugh. Listen to something funny. Read an amusing article. Do whatever you need to do to get yourself in a sillier state of mind. And as they say, “Fake it ’til you make it.” If you force yourself to laugh and smile, eventually you’ll start experiencing the real thing.
What do you do when you’re feeling down or grumpy? How do you get out of a funk? Tell me in the comments!
– See more at: http://www.lorensworld.com/health-beauty/6-ways-to-improve-your-mood/#sthash.6KN2GfF2.dpuf