When it comes to taking care of your skin and hair, the best is really the only option. Just like filling your body with good-for-you ingredients and foods, making sure your skin and hair get the royal treatment is essential. So rather than buying off-the-shelf products that may include loads of harmful and unnecessary chemicals, why not make your own moisturizing hair masks and skin treatments? It’s easy, effective and you control the ingredients. From avocado to coconut, here’s a look at how to make your own hair masks and skin treatments using natural products.
6 Natural DIY Skin & Hair Treatments
1. Coconut Oil + Tea Tree Oil for reducing redness and acne. Just simply mix together to form a light paste, apply before bed and wash off in the morning.
tea tree and coconut oil(Recipe/Image Source)
2. Pumpkin Facial Mask: Did you know that pumpkin is packed with enzymes and vitamins that will brighten your skin? Mix pureed pumpkin, yogurt, honey and olive oil for an all natural skin-brightening mask that will work wonders.
pumpkin facial mask(Recipe/Image Source)
3. Moisturizing Avocado Facial Treatment: Avocado is packed with good-for-you oil that’s gentle and perfect for moisturizing your skin. Mash it up with a little honey and rose water until you have a smooth consistency.
avocado mask(Recipe/Image Source)
4. Strengthening Banana Hair Mask: Mix up a banana, egg, coconut oil, olive oil, honey and water for the perfect treatment for fine hair.
5. Take care of dry winter hair: Mash an avocado, sour cream and olive oil for a deep moisturizing mask.
avocado hair mask(Recipe/Image Source)
6. Deep conditioning treatment: Mix up coconut oil, shea butter, argan oil and an essential oil (like lavender!) for the ultimate in all-natural conditioners.
deep conditioning treatment(Recipe/Image Source)
How does your pantry stock up? Do you think you’ll give these DIY’s a try?