10 things you should never do as a job-seeker
Here’s a quick list of ten things not to do as a job-seeker.
1. Show up at a hiring manager’s office without an appointment before the interview.
2. After the interview send a very long thank you note that turns out into another autobiography of your achievements from elementary school to present.
3. Send an infographic as your resume.
4. Tell a hiring manager in an interview that he/she is also being interviewed by you.
5. Send helium balloons to a hiring manager as a thank you for a great interview.
6. Lay-wait the hiring manager in the parking lot to express your gratitude for the interview.
7. Use a video resume with the help of a professional video editor.
8. Stop by a prospective employer’s office to say “hello” with a plant and some candy.
9. Be intentionally late to your interview as a “strategy.”
10. Send a framed photo of yourself or your family to your interviewer.